New Year: Asking Questions and Saying Bye | Note 577
How did we get here so fast? Wow!
As we start a new year, I wanted to write to you and express my gratitude. I APPRECIATE YOU!
It means a lot to me that you listen to my bite-sized motivational notes each week. I always fall back on the premise that if I can help one person by sharing the life lessons I’ve learned, it is all worth it.
The beginning of a new year is always when we reflect on what is, what was, and what could be. It’s that time of the year when we ask ourselves some tough questions.
As I was going through my emails a couple of days ago, I came across a link someone shared that included “18 questions to ask yourself.”
I’m all in on helping you to make 2023 the greatest year of your life. And that starts with sharing.
As you prepare for the new year, start by asking yourself some questions. In fact, grab a pencil and some paper and ask yourself these ten questions:
· What is the most important goal I achieved this year?
· In what area do I feel I’ve made my biggest improvements?
· What was the most challenging part of this year for me?
· What was the best way I used my time this past year?
· What was my single biggest time waster in life this past year?
· What was the biggest surprise of the year?
· What’s the biggest mistake of the year, and the lesson learned as a result?
· What are three words to describe the past year and why?
· If I could travel back to the beginning of the year, what advice would I give myself?
· What’s the status of the goals I set last year, and what goals do I want to set for the year going forward?
Asking yourself questions like these is a great way to begin your year. Many people plan to start 2023 with the “new year, new me” attitude. But the reality is unless you break through the limitations holding you back and learn how to set and conquer your goals, you won’t be able to create the life you want.
I want to create a different life for myself and be in a better position to help more people gain the confidence and clarity to be their best selves and say f*ck being mediocre. To do that requires me to refocus my attention.
Moving forward, I’ve decided that I am going to rebrand and spend more time working on my newsletter and creating on-demand workshops. I’m sunsetting this podcast for now, but I will be back soon with updates, which will likely include the launch of a new podcast with a new name.
How are you starting the new year?
I am starting the new year by asking questions and saying bye.
Notes: Motivational Podcast, Mindset and Motivation Podcast, Motivational Quotes, Bite-Sized Learning